Luxe Maids Cleaning Terms & Conditions
Scope of work
We provide fixed-rate pricing based upon a list of tasks to be completed by a Cleaner. That list of tasks is referred to herein as a “Scope of Work.”
Our fixed-rate pricing assumes the Customer’s home meets reasonable levels of cleanliness and that we have been provided accurate information in order to formulate pricing. We are unable to perform a walk-through to verify the size and condition of homes prior to service. If a Cleaner arrives and a home is dirtier than average, or larger than was indicated, the Customer may be given the option to extend the length of service, at our then-current hourly rate (provided time is available on a Cleaner’s schedule), or to reduce the scope of their work and prioritize according to the time allowed.
A Customer may cancel or reschedule a booking by 5pm the day before your scheduled cleaning. A 50.00% cancellation fee will be charged to the Customer if there is a cancellation after 5pm the day before your scheduled service. If a Customer cancels a booking on the same day of service, the Cleaner is unable to access the home, or the Customer’s utilities are turned off at the time of service, the Customer will be charged a 100.00% cancellation fee. Luxe Maids and Cleaners reserve the right to refuse cleaning if anything encountered is potentially dangerous. This could include, but is not limited to: mold, abnormal buildup, hoarding, excessive clutter, etc. Where a Cleaner is unable to attend a Project, Luxe Maids will try to find a replacement Cleaner, but will not be responsible to the Customer if one cannot be found.
Our goal is so make your home Sparkle and Shine! But we're human and although we work hard not to make mistakes, they happen.. if you're not 100% satisfied with your cleaning, we can schedule back and re-clean for you! We CANNOT offer refunds.
Cleaners provide our own organic aromatherapy cleaning equipment and supplies. Customers may request that Cleaners use a specific product by purchasing the product and leaving the product out along with instructions for the Cleaner. Neither Luxe Maids nor Cleaners are responsible for any damage caused by cleaning products provided by the Customer.
Customers must provide a safe workplace for Cleaners. Customers are responsible for restraining or removing animals from the home or office to be cleaned prior to a Cleaner’s arrival. If a Customer restrains an animal in a room of the home or office, the Cleaner is not required to clean that room unless the pet is in a crate or cage that does not allow the pet to get out on its own. Neither Cleaners nor Luxe Maids may be held responsible for anything related to pets. Luxe Maids does not assume liability for health and safety of pets. Customers are in the best position to ensure pets’ safety and wellbeing.
Customers also agree to ensure that all electrical equipment is in safe working order (and approved for use), there are no dangerous environments (such as live exposed electricity), and there are no unannounced persons at each Project location. We cannot cleanup any hazardous wastes or materials, including (but not limited to): blood, pet waste, urine, feces, needles, drug paraphernalia, black mold, etc
We will move “light” furniture but we do not move refrigerators, stoves, washers, dryers, couches, etc. We will try to reach all visible places either by hand or with an extension duster.
Prior to a cleaning engagement (referred to herein as a “Project”) Customers must pick up all non-decorative items from the floor and furniture that is not normally used to store items. Cleaners typically do not allocate more than 1 minute per room to organize and may pile any clutter in one area and clean around it.
If your home has a security system, please inform us how you want to handle it. Security and safety of your home is a major concern here at Luxe Maids and our staff is sensitive to security and access procedures. Our policy is to lock the door while we are cleaning and to not allow access to unknown persons. Please do not rely on us to let in workmen during the time we are in your home unless pre-approved by us. Please note that it is not necessary for you to have to disarm your alarm systems the day of our cleaning. If you contact your alarm company they can assist you in programming a code that is unique to our company. It is common for clients with alarms to give us our own code.
Limitations on Services
Luxe Maids and Cleaners reserve the right to cancel Services for any reason.
Cleaners exercise reasonable care when cleaning. We do have Liability Insurance. Cleaners are not liable for damage that is caused by “normal wear and tear”, rug or carpet snags, improper installation of an item(s), or artwork, collectibles or family heirlooms valued over $200 and that is not disclosed during the time of making the appointment.
If any damage or perceived damage is noticed after a Cleaner has left, the customer must notify Luxe Maids within 24 hours of any problem that may have occurred at the address during that day and time of the scheduled cleaning. Luxe Maids will file an insurance claim. Limitations on Cleaner’s responsibilities include but are not limited to the following examples:
• Carpet & Rug Snags – Carpet snags are the result of exposed loops caused by normal wear and tear, moving furniture, etc. which are snagged by a vacuum’s roller brush. In order to limit snags or fraying, Cleaners will try not to go near the bad areas of carpeting/rugs.
• Broken Blinds – Customers should be aware that there are some inherent risks each time blinds are cleaned. Blinds will become brittle from daily exposure to the sun and aging, and strings/chords will weaken over time resulting in breaks.
• Improperly hung pictures/decorations/mirrors – If these items are securely/properly attached to the wall, they should not fall when the item is dusted/wiped.
• Artwork, Collectibles or Family Heirlooms valued over $200 – These items are expensive and/or impossible to replace. In that case, neither Luxe Maids e nor Cleaners assume the risk of cleaning such items. It is the customer’s responsibility to inform, in writing, of any item(s) that fall into this category.
• Woodwork, Vintage/Antique Wood Furniture, Un-finished & Furniture with Special Instructions – Please let us know during your booking if your woodwork, wooden furniture or vintage wooden furniture is not sealed or is made of another material other than actual wood.
• Customers must discuss furniture care needs if special attention is needed. Customers may supply cleaning product(s) for specific piece(s) of furniture, leather furniture, pianos, etc. Customers may notify us via email of the preferred product(s) to be provided and used.
• Cleaners need electricity and water. If Customer utilities are turned off, a Customer may reschedule to when they are back on. If Cleaners arrive for a scheduled cleaning service, and utilities are turned off, Customer will be charged our 50% late cancellation fee.
• Cleaners generally have 2-step ladders which are sufficient to reach most 1st floor windows, ceiling fans, and upper shelves. Generally, they do not climb higher than that – for liability reasons.
• Cleaners do not move heavy appliances and furniture. Cleaners can clean around them and underneath, to the extent reachable.
• Cleaners will not clean animal feces and urine, or hazardous waste.
For our protection and yours, if you have firearms, we ask that all they be stored and locked away prior to our cleaning your home. We will not clean any rooms in which a firearm is visibly present. Please do not leave firearms under pillows or mattresses as they pose a danger when we are changing linens on beds.
A Customer may use the rating system inside Luxe Maids to rate and provide feedback on the Cleaner and each Project. Customers agree to provide accurate information and to not unreasonably give a Cleaner or a Project a low rating. If a Customer is unsatisfied with the standard of a Project, the Customer must first discuss the matter with Luxe Maids, which shall endeavor to resolve the matter within 2 Business Days.
When a Customer makes a booking on the Luxe Maids Platform, payment is taken 1 day prior to service to ensure sufficient funds.